Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ladies, Protect Yoself!


So this is my first post on my new and improved blog; It's been a LONG time.
I had an idea of what I wanted my first post to be about : Why I stopped blogging, what Claudette has been up to, etc.
But I'll save that for my second post, because something very annoying happened to me today..


I want to declare that I HATE riding the MTA!
Just because of the bums and assholes that ride it as well.

This morning I was walking down the stairs to the N/Q train on Centre and Canal Street. A train must've just left because everyone was walking up the stairs bombarding me. As I walked down the right side, people were moving to their right to make way for me, as they should've.
...Of course there HAS to be that chick that wants to just stay in her place. She signals for ME to go around HER.
I stubbornly refused and just stood there for 5 seconds, waiting for her to move.
But me, being the bigger person (and having to go to work), I decided to go around her.
As I did that, the man behind her screamed very loud into my ear, "MOVE!" .. And it wasn't just loud, it was VERY loud..Where it echoed and everyone turned their head to stare.
I don't know if he was with her, or if he was just some random guy.. He looked very bummy but probably was her man though.
I actually was scared and surprised, and I just quickly walked down the stairs.

You know when after you face a confrontation, you think about it and wonder if there was anything you could've done? Well when I got down to the train, I thought and I really couldn't think of anything I could've done. Because honestly, that guy seemed crazy and I am 100% sure that if I had said/done something, he would've pushed me down the stairs or hit me.

This situation reminds me that it doesn't matter if you're a lady and men are supposed to respect you.
Ladies, Chivalry has long gone died and there are crazy ass men that will fuck you up if his pride is on the line!

This idea really sickens me. I'm a lady but I'm not going to feel like a punk. That's why I've decided that I'm going to invest in pepper spray :)
According to NYS law , pepper spray is legal if:

• You must be over the age of 18.
• You must have no history of felony convictions or assaults.
• Product must be purchased from an authorized dealer, pharmacy or gun dealer.
• You must complete a form with your name, address, birth date and signature.



Above is a self-defense spray that looks just like a lipstick case, haha. I'd love to get one of those..
Next time I feel like I'm in danger, I'll whip it out and spray that motherf*cker until he's blind!!
Watch out now..

No comments:

Post a Comment